Thursday, June 23, 2011

I NEED a Lobsterman!

I love Ingrid Michaelson.
I was first introduced to her at a good ole Union Family Weekend Open Mic. Since then, I have been hooked.
The night before Brad and Erin's wedding, E and I did our sister thing: talking, dancing, making ridiculous faces, and listening to music. In the midst of our fun, E told me that she needed to introduce me to an Ingrid song that I would absolutely love. Of course, I made my computer available. She searched Youtube and pressed play. Click here to enjoy this (monumental) song. After hearing Far Away, I made a decision...

"That's it. I am going to marry a lobsterman!"
He'll take care of me? Close to my heart he'll always stay? I'll catch his warm stare?
I NEED a lobsterman!
I'm still working through "smelling like the sea." We'll have to see about that. Tommy Bahama, sure. Flat our sea salt, maybe not.

*About the second verse...
I'm not going to frequent a bar, but I did decide that the "boy next to me...that I love to love...from afar" is James McAvoy: oh well...too good to be realistic.

Honestly, I'm not sure where I will find my lobsterman. I might have to visit Maine. What a bummer! :) If I don't make it to Maine, don't worry. I did buy some lobster shoes to be prepared for his arrival.
Perfect! Right?

Here's to the search for my lobsterman! If you find him, let me know!

1 comment:

Gracie said...

I agree with you about the "smelling-like-the-sea-thing". I mean, maybe that could be a good thing. Maybe? But those "lobster shoes" are definitely winners. Love them.