Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Not Super Lovey Challenge

One of my good pals gave me the brutally honest :)  truth that I have dropped the ball in my updating. Thanks, Kylie! I knew I could count on you! So, here is my Valentine's post. (I didn't forget Harry. I will post my HP outfit in a separate post following this one.)

I know, I know!  I'm wearing yellow on Valentine's, and it isn't as close to red as pink!


Drum roll please! bddddddddddddddd!




Her Majesty the Queen of Hearts!
Her name is quite ironic since she finds enjoyment lopping heads off. Have no fear! I do not find pleasure in that! I chose her because of her affinity for hearts. What else do you wear on Valentine's? Duh! Neither is she lovely or sweet, but she is confident in her womanhood! That is how this girl approached Valentine's: confident and independent. What else is a single girl to do? :)

The Character: The Queen of Hearts
The Outfit: Red ruffle top from Kohl's 2009
                  White shrug from TJMax 2011
                  Yellow skirt from Goodwill 2011
                  Black and gold belt from my Mama
                  Black tights from Target 2011
                  Boots from Clark's 2008
                  Heart headband was homemade the night before
                  Gold earrings from Kyleigh 2011

The Disneybound Inspiration:



The yellow skirt and brown boot inspiration came from the picture below.

Her yellow/orange brown skirt gave me the idea to use MY yellow skirt and brown boots! I hope you don't think I'm completely crazy!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and that you didn't feel tempted to say "Off with their head!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

I really liked this one!