Monday, December 10, 2012

Expectation

I know. It has been a long time since I last posted, and from the title of this post, this is not a Challenge post. Please know that I have not given up on the challenge, life has just been a little busy (hold the little) and I am behind on my picture taking. I had planned to have my blog up to date over Thanksgiving, but a dreadful little bug hit me for about 48 hrs. Thank goodness for my own bed and family.
My mind is always busy, and lately, Little Claire Bear or Baby Girl has been occupying my thoughts. I can't wait to snuggle. I can't wait to buy her all of the accessories a little lady needs. I can't wait for that baby smell after she takes a bath. I can't wait to buy her bows and make her look like a precious present to everyone around her. I just can't wait. I am not even her Mama, and I am waiting with great expectation for her arrival.
Little does this precious baby know that her little life has been pointing me to the beauty found in the manger this season. The prophecies foretold of a Messiah. Everyone was waiting with GREAT expectation for the Savior. How much more anticipation built up because a precious little baby was on his way? I imagine Mary couldn't wait for Jesus to recognize her voice, coo and giggle, smell sweet, feel soft, and snuggle close to her. I don't fully know about wardrobe in those days, but I am sure if something baby size was available, Mary loved looking at it. It is incredible that he was the Savior of the world, capable of stepping straight out of heaven to complete his mission, but he chose to bless a young couple with great joy over the birth of a baby. He fanned the flame of expectation/anticipation by doing so. As I think about little Claire, and how excited I am that she is one her way, I am reminded that I should be beyond just excited for Jesus' birth to be celebrated. He is more than we can ever hope and dream. It's cliche, but we all say that our baby is perfect.  Jesus is no cliche.  He was the perfect baby.

Claire is coming. We are all giddy over this gift. Mamichka has a pink box full of Claire Bear treasures to prove it.  Jesus was coming. I know Mary and several others were giddy over his arrival. Kings brought the finest treasure of gold, frankincense, and myrrh to prove it.

Just stop and think about this. Jesus became a baby. A baby. (I wonder if he had peach fuzz hair?) He was long awaited/expected. 9 months of anticipation culminated in the stable. I cannot wait for Christmas morning to hear the soft sounds of a sleeping baby, smell that familiar baby smell, and wrap my arms around my long awaited Savior.

Claire Bear,
Thank you!

He has come.

Love & Sparkles*

No comments: