Thursday, April 5, 2012

Letters. A challenge for April.

Doesn't everyone enjoy getting a hand written note in the mail? I LOOOOOOOOVE getting mail. I love walking into the Mail Room looking in my box and seeing an envelope. I proceed to feverishly spin my combination. Many times I mess it up because I'm excited. Surprise, surprise! All I see is mail and that is what I want. Okay, that was very dramatic, but I think you can visualize what is going down in front of mailbox 100. 
While on choir tour, my friend, we'll call him Mr. C, and I were talking about how we both love getting letters and that formal letter writing is a lost art. What's weird is that I had been thinking about how I needed to write letters more. I casually mentioned that I might give myself a challenge for April. The challenge would be to write a letter a day. I thought about it the second after I said it, and I was thinking... Why did you just say that out loud? That's A LOT of letters. Did you think about that?... Then Mr. C said that he would join in. After that, I couldn't not do it. It's a challenge, everybody. If someone else is involved I feel more pressure. Even though we aren't competing, I want to rise to the occasion and do it. Thus, another challenge has been born for Yours Truly. So far, I have written 4 letters and I am in the process of writing my fifth. I only have 26 (almost 25) more to go. Keep your eyes peeled for an envelope from mail box 100.
Mr. C also has a blog and you can click here to see it. His blog is very insightful and not crazy like you probably think mine is! 

H&Ks,
Yours Truly

No comments: