Sunday, April 1, 2012

Holy Week 2009

Holy Week has begun. As I reflect on the sorrowful yet joyous journey Jesus took to the cross, I remember the awesome blessing of The Healer 2009. Anyone remember this? 


Holy Week of 2009 was an funny week for Yours Truly. I had just returned from Togo, I was jet lagging, was hungry at random times during the day, and had to get my act together, pun intended, for our upcoming passion play. Our team from Togo arrived home on Monday night. Dress rehearsal for our church's passion play, The Healer, was Wednesday, and The Healer began on Thursday. My head was spinning.
I can't reminisce The Healer without a few of these spirit lifting shots.

My child for the week. Carrying him and a water jug began to be too much for this 21st century girl. I  demoted the jug to a basket. How did those women do it?

Chilling with Jesus. I sometimes forget that part of his ministry was chilling with those he called his friends. 

"Let the little Children come unto me." I would have loved to see Jesus with little children at his feet!


Bahahahah! Daddy's face!
1. Look at his fake beard... There are no words.
2. He is doing his thing: talking to daughters.
3. He is the greatest. Just look at that picture!

I doooooooon't think they had braces at that time, but you never know!
Can we all agree that he is really cute?
That beard...oh my!


But, I cannot forget this week and THESE gripping shots.


Jesus washing Judas' feet got me every performance. He called him his disciple. How can you put a price of silver on my Savior? How often do I do that? 







 At the beginning of the rehearsal week I was nervous. I was given the opportunity to sing the final two verses of What Wondrous Love is This...as Jesus came out of the tomb. What? He is resurrecting and they want me to sing? My God blesses me beyond belief. I will be transparent with you. I was sad not to have a speaking part after cast lists were made. Part of me knew I could not have one. Our wonderful director, Mrs. Andrea, asked me if I would rather act or sing if I were given the choice. I said act, but that I would do whatever they wanted me to do/ do whatever they felt lead to give me. They felt like I should sing.
Another member of the choir and I were both given the opportunity to sing What Wondrous Love is This. He sang the first two verses as Jesus prayed to his Father in the Garden. I sang the final two versus as Jesus came out of the tomb.
I hope you know that God knows everything we need. He knew I would be sad at first. I sang a lot at church and I wanted to do something different, but He knew that I needed a lesson in faith more than I needed to speak for Him. Little did I know that I would need so much faith to sing for his glory as we portrayed his one and only Son resurrecting from the dead. I was tired mentally, emotionally, and physically, but He sang through me every performance. I look back and remind myself my Savior who cares enough about my tiny vocal chords cares even more about my sinful heart and purging me from death.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

This verse explains that he does not only want to purge my heart of sin and death. He desires yours as well. How can you refuse a God like this?


He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

We ended the evening gathered together singing Jesus Saves. I had never heard that song until rehearsal week. I have not stopped singing it since. It is true. He indeed does save, because "the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."


What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this
That caused the Lord of bliss
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul!


When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down
Beneath God’s righteous frown,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul for my soul,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul.


To God and to the Lamb I will sing, I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb,
Who is the great I AM,
While millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing,
While millions join the theme, I will sing.


And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on;
And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on.
And when from death I’m free
I’ll sing His love for me,
And through eternity I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
And through eternity I’ll sing on.

What Wondrous Love
O my Soul*

Happy Palm Sunday,
Yours Truly

*tag added by Annie Moses

1 comment:

Pam said...

"Amazing love! How can it be ... that Christ my God shouldst die for me!"

Thank you for the beautiful memories of Easter 2009. The Healer was such a blessing and so were you. I'll never forget how your beautiful voice came out of the thick darkness and intense silence of the sealed tomb scene. No one saw you, except your Savior, and He was the only one that mattered.