Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spontaneity

Have you ever had one of those days when you and one of your roommates have returned from Spring Break, conquered the first day back in real life, and both of you were in the green on homework? Well, my roommate Laura Kay and I had one of those typical (ha) days on Monday. What did we decide to do with our evening?

A) Stay at home and paint out nails
B) Get ahead on homework
C) Go see The Hunger Games
D) Dance around our room to Ke$ha

If you guessed D, you wouldn't be too far off, but the real answer is C. We left for the theatre at 7:17. We needed to be there at 7:30. Thankfully, Union is in a central location to almost everything in Jackson. Right now you might be saying, "Really? A Monday night?" Yes...a Monday...Weird, I know!

Over the break, LK finished the first book, The Hunger Games, and I am waiting patiently (actually, hold the patiently) for her to reach the end of the series so we can talk about it. If you ask a few of my friends from choir tour, they can attest that I DID NOT care for the ending of the series. The things is, I didn't realize my reactions were that intense. Sorry guys! As you might have read, I saw the movie at a midnight premiere last Thursday night. Laura Kay had yet to see it. We had a different plan hatched to see it, but sometimes things happen. Here is our initial plan. We were going to Midnight Movie.

I am a member of the Student Activities Council here at Union. One of our events that we host for the student body is Midnight Movie. I love it because it involves movies at the Humboldt Plaza you checked out in my last post. The way it works is as follows.

1. SAC calls on Mondays to see if we can buy out the tickets for all three of their theaters the upcoming Friday night.
2. After we get the confirmation to do so, we sell tickets to the student population for $3 until the day of and it goes to $4.
3. We convince everyone that it is a STEAL of a deal.
4. We sell LOTS of tickets.
5. Students make two sacrifices for Midnight Movie: being awake and being at the theatre at midnight.

If we're truly honest with ourselves, many of us are awake at that time anyway. My question is, who doesn't want to go to a movie with 300 of your best friends from Union and only pay a small price? Crazies, that's who. Let me define "crazies." They are the students who have NOTHING going on and haven't given in to adventure in awhile. I'm just kidding. I just take my job of getting people there seriously.   I'm sure you are surprised.

So... Is there a Midnight Movie on Friday night for The Hunger Games? Why yes there is. Were we planning to wait and see it then? Why yes we were. Do we regret jumping the gun (more like in the car) to see it on a Monday night? Absolutely not!
Enjoy life. Do something spontaneous today!

H&Ks,
Yours Truly

No comments: